From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

About the Northern Illinois Tragedy

Like all the others that have come our way my heart is heavy for the loss.

There is nothing I can say that I haven't already said about all the other tragedies like this.

People wonder why. As if the answer will somehow prevent events like this from occurring again.

There is no amount of control or law that will prevent tragedies like this. None. If the deranged individual is so bent on mass murder lack of a particular tool will not be a hindrance for them to carry out their mission. As seen in so many other incidents the perpetrator will resort to other tools. Some more lethal, some less.

No, tragedies like this can not be stopped from ever beginning but many of them can, with individual awareness and preparation, most certainly be abated before the numbers of dead manifest themselves into double digits.

I morn your loss.

No comments: