From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Jeanne Combs Bails out on CCW

Gene Tysons heir to the CCW throne, Jeanne Combs succeeded in getting an almost worthless concealed carry bill through the unicameral and now she is bailing for greener pastures.

Combs will withdraw bid for re-election

Not that all of her hard work isn't appreciated, and I don't want to sound like I am blowing my own horn but I met with her last year when the first printed draft of LB 454 came out and pointed out, in writing all of the flaws. Flaws that are now manifesting themselves in the form of municiple bans. I not only spoke with her early on, I also spent time with several of the other sponsors of the bill, to no avail.

Here are a couple of links to my blog posts at the time. All of the things I wrote about was provided to Jeanne Combs and several other Co-sponsors.

January 28th 2005

February 9th 2005

April 23rd 2005

Granted I never liked this bill, but there is a large number of people that believed in it and I worked to get it passed, so maybe I am as responsible as anyone else for POS454 that went to the Governors desk.



The most oft comment I heard was "Tone it down a bit Gun the NRA is happy with this bill" and "since it is better than nothing we can work on getting it fixed in the next few years."


Yea you read that right the NRA was tickled to death with this bill as is.

And that was after I spent time with the NRA Rep pointing out the flaws to him as well.

So now for the second time in two years we will have to find another Senator willing to take on the racist tantrums of Ernie Chambers. And that is no small order.

Now that the real work needs to be done we are left hanging out to dry.

I wish Jeanne all the best and hope that what ever she has planned comes to fruitful fruition. I can't blame her for moving on, especially if it is for something better. It just gripes me that she's leaving with so much undone. I really do in a way feel abandoned and just a bit responisible. I had assurances that my concerns would be addressed if I would just lend my support to LB454.

I did my part.

Unless she can find a strong replacement to carry on it is doubtful that any changes at the state level will be made in the next few years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike free, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, nike air max, longchamp, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors, louboutin, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, ralph lauren pas cher, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, nike free, replica watches, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher

Unknown said...

giuseppe zanotti, nike roshe, longchamp, nike trainers, reebok shoes, timberland boots, lancel, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, mont blanc, hollister, ferragamo shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, p90x workout, nike air max, babyliss, beats by dre, vans, iphone cases, chi flat iron, nike air max, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, lululemon, ray ban, wedding dresses, louboutin, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, herve leger, hollister, celine handbags, nike huarache, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, new balance, oakley, ghd, instyler, gucci, north face outlet, insanity workout, baseball bats, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, birkin bag