From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Energizing his Base

John Kerry's speech was the only time I paid any attention to the Democratic National Convention.


I had been hearing, as had we all, that this speech was an all or nothing proposition for Candidate Kerry and I wanted to see if he could get it done. After watching that speech, I'd have to say in my opinion he failed miserably. Yes I think he energized the base democratic vote, but these are only votes he had locked up anyway.


If the polls are to be believed, there is between 5 and 15% of the population that is undecided. That is the target group for both parties and I did not hear any thing from Kerry last night that he hasn't flip flopped on before.


I know it's been out there for awhile, but I have just now had to read up on the site created by all of the other swiftboat commanders that were in Southeast Asia with Candidate Kerry. This is a very telling piece of work and should be required reading for anyone that will be voting in the general election. Lets get this word out and help the swifties expose Kerry to as many people as we possibly can.